13 August 2011

The Help

Go see The Help. I just got back from seeing it. 
It was so beautiful, so powerful; the performances were so brilliant.
Now, I haven’t read the book, so I honestly can’t tell you how closely the movie follows it, butdamn, it was good. And yes, I got teary eyed….more than once. Some of them were happy tears, and some of them were sad. But this movie, you guys. This movie is stunning. It rose to the top of my favorite films list in the first 15 minutes. I encourage you to go see The Help; you won’t regret it.







Celia was my favorite character in the movie.  She is played by actress Jessica Chastian whom I have never even heard of before till I googled her! She did a great job. GREAT acting.



Tackling racism, parenting, down south tradition, gossip, prejudice, discrimination, lies, peer pressure, cancer, and grief,  While creating laughs and aww moments through unlikely friendship,  funny revenge, and a ditzy blonde.
I think I loved Celia's character the most because she was the only one not in the evil clique, she was the most vulnerable, and was the only one that truly treated her maid as if she was white.
"You are all sons of God through faith in Jesus. There is neither Jew, or Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:26-28

God doesn't see skin color, he sees souls.




Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Didn't you just love it? And I adored Celia. I thought all the actors played the parts perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie. It was so hard to watch at parts because of how frustrating it was. I can't even imagine growing up in that era. But really such an amazing movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so looking forward to this movie. i refused to read the book when i saw the preview for the movie because, let's face it, books are always better than the movie.

    happy to hear you approve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to see it tomorrow - so excited!! Heard nothing but amazing reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved loved LOVED this movie!!!! Just saw it today and I am absolutely reading the book now--I haven't had time to but my sister said the movie followed the book pretty closely so that made me happy. I also loved Celia...she just didn't care about the "rules" and that was sooo refreshing to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once my sister finishes reading this for school I am yanking it from her to read. And then I'll go see the movie. You know, because I'm one of those people who needs to read the book first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard SO many good things about this book and film and I really want to see it. Thanks for the review girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh now I have to see the movie AND read the book!!!! I love your movie reviews. I trust you way more than Ebert or whatever his name is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to read the book!! It's so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the movie today, too!! It was really, really good - I need to read the book for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book is ah-mazing! You definitely HAVE to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can't wait to see the movie, the book is one of my favorite all time books ever. celia was one of my favorite characters too, she's just so friendly and lovable (and hilarious!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This movie was THE best ever. I'm reading the book now and it's so good too. And Celia was my favorite too!! Besides Skeeter. I'm a journalism major so I have a soft spot for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mom and I have a date to go see it this weekend and I can NOT wait. We both read the book and loved it and Ive heard nothing but raving reviews. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.