26 March 2011

Where Have You Been?

Saw this on another blog, and thought it would be fun to share.

Click here to go to the website to create your own map!


These are all the states that I've been to. And when I say I've been to them, it means I have spent some time in them. In my opinion, driving through a state to get somewhere does NOT count as seeing it or been there done that! Am I right or am I right? :) hehe.


19 out of 50 States not to bad...now if I was counting driving through any My number would be a lot higher!

I've lived in 6 of the 19 I've been to. Mississippi 1 Yr. Tennessee 2 yrs. Washington State 1 yr. Illinois 13 yrs. Ohio 5 yrs. Arizona going on 7 years this July!

Judging by my map, you can see I have spent a lot of time in the MIDWEST. Ha. But of course.



Did you know...

I've never been to NY.

Reason: I grew up in the great City of Chicago! I never thought that NY could offer me anything better than what my own great city already had! We have some outstanding museums, art, Shedd Aquariam, Natural History Museum...Navy Pier. I would love to see the Guggenheim Museum in NY but that's about it! (Art reasons of course) Most friends that have been to NY say it's just a wee bit to crowded and crazy in the city. I say pass on that!



Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. You've been to a good amount of states! If I did one of these it wouldn't show very much haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wish I've been places...I live in CA, but I've only been to Arizona, Oregon, and Washington! I should probably travel more!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree... driving through does not count! I always say that you have to have an experience in a state for it to count... and pumping gas is not considered an experience, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I traveled a lot across the US with my family back in the day, and then I turned to international travels. Now, I'm missing the good ol' USA! I need to plan a big road trip soon!

    P.S. Don't forget to visit Oregon someday! You'd love it:-) Totally plugging my own state, what? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool idea! I need to count all of my states up as well including the ones that I have done vacation stuff in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I've done this before too! I'm always doing a link up on where you live, you may have seen it. If you want to check it out, the link is : http://missblondiexoxo.blogspot.com/2011/03/me-on-map_22.html

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that is fun! i wonder how many i've been to...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right! Just like flying into an airport of a certain place does NOT constitute visiting there. I also have never been to New York but plan to make a trip there ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come on NY has a little more to offer than just one museum!! I guess I'm biased.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...what a fun thing to do! Hubs and I always talk about how many places in the US we still want to visit...this would be the perfect way to track our progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fun idea!! I've always said that I thought Chicago felt like a more wide-open, cleaner version of New York. Having been to both, I have to agree that you're probably not missing out on much :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to Chicago OR NY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 19 out of 50 is way more than I've been too.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.