21 June 2011

So Nautical


image via tumblr

O Captain, my Captain!
O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck the Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up --- for you the flag is flung --- for you the bugle trills,
For you the bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths --- for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning,
Here Captain! dear father!
The arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead. - Walt Whitman


:::::Sigh:::::::
~3 more days of teaching summer school~

then my summer finally begins! I am ready to be on a boat! Okay so I won't get to go on a boat, but I will soon be in Illinois & Ohio for twelve days visiting family I haven't seen in over 2  years. Should be interesting.

Is it silly for an art teacher to want to purchase a nice new apron for next year knowing perfectly well that I am going to get paint all over this?
via Anthropologie



Recently got 3 make up


 suggestions via Pink Lou Lou's fab tutorial on her blog. Her button is on the side of my page, so if you don't already follow her, stop on by for a touch of some southern hospitality! :) Gonna give the Carrie Underwood fab cheeks a try...we shall see if I have any success!

And thus I leave you with some more pup pics, basically what Aspen and I did all weekend..



Life's rough. right Aspen?









Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. you're gonna love High Beam. that reminds me, i need some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that poem reminds me of the full house episode when uncle jesse goes back to finish high school and he has to memorize that same poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is completely necessary to have a new apron for the start of the new school year =)

    I am so envious of your sleepy/relax time from your weekend! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Dead Poets' Society over the weekend and have been thinking about that poem! How funn that you posted that! And that apron is amazing! I love all the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww look at precious little aspen! love her.

    and that poem! i used to have a horse named captain and my riding trainer always would recite that poem. he's an older south african man, so he does weird stuff like that and gets away with it :) memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could Aspen be any cuter?!?! And Yay! You can make it...3 more days!!! :) Hope the time visiting family goes well. Enjoy it while ya can! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope these next few days fly by for you! Love the last picture of Aspen...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh la la your cheeks are going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE Anthropologie aprons!! I got one for my bday last year, and it is just the absolute most adorbs thing EVER. Makes me want to bake, like, constantly! LOL. And of course the hubby doesn't have a problem with that ;)

    Love that Whitman poem. One of my faves.

    Nars Orgasm blush is soooo pretty. I'm wearing it right now! LOVES.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE anything nautical. What a beautiful pic :) Umm..and yes..your little doggy is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i totally sang out lout "I'm On a Boat" by Lonely Island when I read "i'm ready to be on a boat" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get the apron! It's so pretty! You work hard, you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the aprons from Anthro! You should so get a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A vacation is a vacation no matter where you go! :) plus I was being lazy this weekend too. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that was one of my favorite poems growing up!

    i recently (as in Sunday) got a NARS makeup and I'm addicted now!

    happy last 3 days of summer school!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those pictures of Aspen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG omg OMG. i am loving the nautical pic :] i bet you are excited that 'summer' school is almost over so that you can actually enjoy yours the right way!

    but love the blog, newest follower!

    www.myunrehearsedlifetheblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the pics! And so random, but David sings that poem along with his guitar ALL the time! Power through these last days of summer school ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. new apron..completely necessary. you should also enter the giveaway on my blog--and then you would have more fun, cute things for next year! www.samandlaurenbattershell.blogpsot.com

    and the nautical picture made my heart go pitter patter. i love all things nautical, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.