31 July 2013

Book/Movie Review

I picked up "The Silent Wife" because it was being hailed as the next Gone Girl (If you haven't read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn then I sugguest you do so!) I thought hey I loved the story how it went between the husband/wife taking turns telling the story so I'll probably really get into this book. MEH......

This book was so BORING. I wasn't on the edge of my seat reading it, and the plot was just not so great. I say skip this one friends!



16171291
What goodreads says:

"Jodi and Todd are at a bad place in their marriage. Much is at stake, including the affluent life they lead in their beautiful waterfront condo in Chicago, as she, the killer, and he, the victim, rush haplessly toward the main event. He is a committed cheater. She lives and breathes denial. He exists in dual worlds. She likes to settle scores. He decides to play for keeps. She has nothing left to lose. Told in alternating voices, The Silent Wife is about a marriage in the throes of dissolution, a couple headed for catastrophe, concessions that can’t be made, and promises that won’t be kept. Expertly plotted and reminiscent of Gone Girl and These Things Hidden, The Silent Wife ensnares the reader from page one and does not let go.(less)" synopsis taken from goodreads


Next up:

Oblivion starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman
oblivion_ver2
This movie was a little to sci-fy for my liking. It was like Planet of the Apes meets Star Wars. That's all I could think of when watching it. 

And what's with movies always wanting the world to end and have us living in the sky or on another planet? 


Skip it. I only watched because I do think Tom Cruise is a terrific talented actor.

on to Mud.
mud05
This one stars hottie Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. 
Ugh. Another total bomb. We didn't even finish the movie. Turned it off out of pure slowness and bordeom. It reminded me of Reese's last terrible movie called "how do you know" starring Owen Wilson and Jack Nickelson. I mean why these superstars take these blah roles is beyond me. Skip this one too. This movie was like Stand By Me if anyone has seen that gem. Boys looking for a dead body, in this case 2 boys find an alive man instead of dead...You get where I'm going with this. 


2 comments:

  1. What a bummer! Sorry that the movies didn't turn out good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you read and reviewed that book! Now I know not to waste my time :)

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.