03 June 2013

The Shoe Debacle

So last week or so, I posted a pic of the hubs putting together a shoe cabinet. Thought I'd share the final result!

DSC_0374

DSC_0376


So the hubs and I have gone round and round about "drilling" holes into the wall. He was completely against it, and I knew he had a point. I mean, what if I needed to move this down the line? I'd have two ugly holes in the wall from mounting this in the wall for weight support.


DSC_0377

DSC_0378

Solution?  Double stick Scotch picture frame tape. This stuff is legit! I bought a whole pack and adhered it to the back of this cabinet, and it totally holds not only the cabinet up, but all the shoes in it with the weight and all! :) Score! Happy husband with no holes in the wall and happy wife with more floor space in our closet!



DSC_0379

DSC_0380


DSC_0381

I don't like having all my jewelry on display on top dressers and bathroom counters and such. Less is more in my eyes! :) So I hide all my girl jewelry clutter in this drawer! 
I tried to re-create Katie's acrylic organizers but they didn't lay flat on top of the dresser right and I didn't like that, so in the drawer they went. I really liked the gold dot paper I found at Michaels that line the trays for organization!


DSC_0382

DSC_0383

DSC_0384


DSC_0385
I've been on a mission finding the perfect accent pieces for the top of the cabinet. 
It's a work in progress. There aren't many pins on Pinterest if you search dresser decor or night stand accents! 




Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Where did you find the shoe cabinet? I need something like this in the worst way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing :)
    I so need one :)
    xo
    Samantha
    betterblondesam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Try searching nightstand styling or shelf styling.

    Lura
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get this? hubs is going to remodel my closet soon, and i NEED this. ha:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out really nice! I always love white furniture.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.