09 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...in the art room!



I saw this idea as a pinterest craft where there was a hole cut in the back and white x mas lights are put inside to light up the milk jug, but even without the lights the jugs turned out super cute with my after school art enrichment class kiddos!






I originally started with Tempera paint, but the paint was peeling off way to easy. I tried to cover with moge podge but I really felt like it was wasting it so then I opted for white spray paint. Bingo! 




My 5th graders started their clay snowmen. I am SO proud of them~ they really did such a great job executing details!

Here's a close up!


Also in my after school art class, I had them made these winter silhouettes! 







Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love the snowman milk jugs and the snow globes..they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with ALL of your art projects. Oh my word I want to do them all with me students. I am also obsessed with your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those clay snowmen are freaking AWESOME! 5th graders?! Sheesh! They must have a really great teacher! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love the milk jug snowman! I just tried one with my son. We used a hot glue gun for the ear muffs and that worked really well. For the black circles, we used school glue and they are curling up around the edges. Should I try a different type of glue? I used black cardstock, but I could try black felt? I hope to make these at a Cub Scout meeting soon. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just used black construction paper and a hot glue gun! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.