13 May 2012

Real Celeb Heartbreak

Jennie Garth. She’s one of the very, very few celebrities I admire because of her integrity.
My heart goes out to her. 

Last night I watched her new show called "A little bit Country." And for the first time on the show, she really opened up about Peter, her husband for over 11 years, and the heartbreak he has caused. 



Watching the video, you call just see how much this has torn Jennie apart. For one thing, she hacked off her hair, you can see she's gained some weight, and she drinks a bit to cope with the pain. 

ALL REAL EMOTIONS that REAL people go through and deal with every day. It was so raw watching her spill her guts about how much she STILL loves him even though he was the one that wanted to end the marriage. 

They were both quoted saying this only a few short years ago:

Making the most of life's unexpected twists has been a hallmark of the couple's relationship. They fell in love on the set of the TV movie "An Unfinished Affair," and Garth discovered she was pregnant just nine months later.


 "We had a baby very quickly," says Garth. "It was a crazy time and it would've been easy to throw in the towel, but Peter taught me that you have to stick it out." They were married in 2001. "We've been in a relationship for more than 11 years now. It's like winning an Oscar, it's huge. We dont' take it for granted." says Facinelli: "marriage requires work. It's when you push through those tough times that your relationship goes to the next level and you fall even deeper in love." 





So what the frick happened right?

Some say it had everything to do with TWILIGHT and Peters instant fame through the saga. 

Some say Jennie grew jealous over this fame, since she hadn't been in a successful TV show since "What I like about you". Her fame and glory days were clearly behind her, his were just taking off. 



Just from reading and seeing what I saw on the video. I honestly DONT think Jennie is jealous of her husband's fame. She was so upset choking out how much she still loved him and was struggling with the concept of why wasn't she "enough" for him.

Heartbreaking right?

I do think his latest bit of fame from Twilight had a ton to do with why he chose to leave.

I applaud both of them though. They even went through some very vigorous counseling for over a year to try and save their marriage. 

This is one hollywood marriage that was kept pretty private for so long, and sadly just didn't work out.


Any of you watch the show, see Jennie in this last episode? 

What y'all think?






Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I didn't plan on watching this show, but am glad I did. I knew I wanted to watch Melissa & Ty (which I LOVE), and decided to DVR this and see what it was about. I've never really followed anything Jennie or Peter are in, so I'm kinda indifferent to both of them. I did read something online before the show aired about how it was kinda ironic that this was premiering not long after they announced their separation then divorce. I don't know, I guess now a days with reality TV and whatnot, it's hard to know what is real. I want to believe she is being real, but I also wonder how much of it is for ratings and whatnot because, let's face it, she has to make a living somehow. I don't think I personally would want a camera crew following me around when I was going through all that personal stuff. And I just find it odd that they lived such a quiet life together, and now she's everywhere talking about it, while we haven't heard much from him. I'll definitely keep watching, and wish nothing but the best for both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive watched the show from the beginning (accidentally stumbled upon it one day and haven't stopped tuning in since!) and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE her. she is confident but really shows her hurt and frustration with her situation with her husband. In the very first episode, she says that they are just separated and are working on things, but in the last episode, she thinks divorce is on the horizon. It makes me sad to see their 11+ year marriage dissipate but no one can say she didn't try!!

    I wish them the best and it does make for good television!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Jennie. I saw a preview for the show but haven't watched it yet. I can't wait to! It's always sad when a marriage doesn't work out.

    Your blog is beautiful! I love the layout :) You have a new follower!

    xoxo
    Jenna @ ramblingsfromyourstruly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see the video :( I really love Jennie and I'm sad about this divorce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for her! her hubby seems fame hungry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't watch the show but I do think it's really sad. I really like her and was hoping they'd work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't watch the show, but I have seen her on a few morning talk shows. It makes me so sad :( They seemed so happy. That is what scares me about relationships- that people change. I don't think that my husband and I would change as drastically as this, but it is always something in the back of my mind. Especially with PTSD on the table. I hope that he doesn't come home with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't watched any of her show because of schedule conflicts but I have seen the previews. I feel badly for both of them. I think his career got in the way of their marriage a lot in the recent years. Not only has he been doing the Twilight movies, he's also on a showtime show.

    I feel for them both but sometimes people grow apart. I wish them all the best.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.