30 April 2013

Did you know...

I have to start this post by saying that my views on here are solely my opinion and thoughts and beliefs. You do not have to agree or believe anything that I am sharing on here, but please know it's all over the news and internet that this ingredient that I'm about to talk about, does in fact have ties and links to causing cancer and other harmful things to our body.

Deodorant.  We all use it. I remember using my first teen speed stick or something like that it was once called! I think I've tried just about every deodorant out there since it's so dang hot in AZ, causing us folks to sweat way easier and quicker than most other people in other states.

I was currently wearing Secret, until an article crossed my eye, followed by an Ah-Hah moment when I realized this is what my husband was talking about two years ago. I remembered him being ultra selective when he was picking out his own deodorant at the grocery store. 


Rather than re type the whole article on why Aluminum is dangerous I'd rather you click the link

------>  here  and read it for yourself! :) 

Why am I switching???


My mom died of breast cancer. So anything that we as human beings can prevent, then I am going to do my best to take action on my part to not do anything to cause it. Same reasons why I don't drink soda, and why I gave up tanning beds. 


I hear everyday the line of, "Anything today pretty much causes cancer." Yes, this is true. HOWEVER, if you know that there are in fact really simple things we can do to PREVENT from getting it, then I'm going to do everything I can to protect myself or loved ones from these bad things. 

So after spending 2 hours of RESEARCHING and reading reviews on aluminum free deodorants, I decided to purchase this one


41dTqwZdRUL


There were other options, but this one had the most positive reviews of lasting a long time. I honestly think reviews for products are always going to be all over the place since no two people are exactly the same when it comes to their body's "Odors" and such.

What do you all use? have you checked you label to see if Aluminum is in it? 





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. my underarm area is crazy sensitive all of a sudden a few years ago and the dr recommended that i start using aluminum free and it totally made a difference. i use the tom's brand. some days i will still use dove for more...coverage i guess? i like toms but on really hot days, it doesn't always cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might sound totally strange, but have you heard of using Milk of Magnesia? I was having issues with deodorant and this overwhelmingly popped up. It totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard this before! Have you started using the new deodorant yet? I'd be afraid of feeling sweaty all day since the article said stick to ones that AREN'T antiperspirant. Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to take advantage of your research and give it a try! Thanks! I've also made my own deodorant before (coconut oil, corn starch, baking soda and a few drops of jasmine oil.... smells so good!) but it only works in the winter... It won't stand up to our Texas summers. I I usually rely on Dove for the tough days, but will definitely give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please let us know how that deodorant works for you! I'm very picky and living in hot & humid SC means I need something that's gonna work! I usually use men's deodorant because I don't like the flowery smells of women's (plus I feel like it works better), but I'd love to know if you find something that works well and isn't harmful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to find the perfect deodorant without aluminum for YEARS! I still haven't been able to find one that works, but I will keep a look out for this one!

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.