24 November 2017

Must Have Baby Items 0-3 Months

One thing I have learned from being a first time mom/parent is that even though I got a ton of advice and recommendations of things I would need for my son, ultimately I could only take those recommendations with a grain of salt, as every baby is different and will have different needs as they grow.

Across the board, there did seem to be a few "Must have" items just about every friend of mine who recently had a baby did recommend. I decided to share those items with you, in case any of my readers are about to be a new first time mom and need to add these items to their baby registry!





1.) First thing on the list--SWADDLES! Most of my friends recommended the Aden& Anais swaddles! I have at least 3 sets of these and my son who is now 5 months still uses them. We went from swaddling him in them, to using them as light blankets to cover him with naps to blankets we now stretch out on the floor for tummy time and rolling around!

2.) Rock N Play. My husband and I chose to have our son sleep in this for the first 0-3 months. It is probably my #1 item out of all of these. Your baby will feel so cozy in it, it's on a slant which helps your baby with acid reflux and there are so many different models of them for sale. Ultimately we picked one that had vibration on it rather than the rocking motion. (I picked a swing for the constant motion) It was truly a blessing to be able to peer down at my son from my bed knowing he was safe in his own space.

3.) White Noise machine. First thing to mention is choose one that is portable!!!! Very important. Ours went with us when my son needed it to drown out the outside world if we had to take him with us somewhere in the car. It goes to Grandma's house when we visit and from my son's room to our room every night when we move things around from nap to bed time! I'm pretty sure my hubby and I can't sleep without it either! 

4.) Onesies. Don't bother with the cute and frilly outfits for the first few months. Your baby is going more than likely dislike having his arms and legs messed with for constant outfit changes you are going to ultimately want clothes that have easy access to their diapers! Not only will you want regular onesies, but LONG SLEEVED onesies that have the fold over mitten cuff part to keep their hands from scratching their precious face! We tried the mitten route, they didn't work but the long sleeved onesies with the fold over mitten do! I promise! You can find them HERE

5.) Mam pacifiers. These were recommended to me by several close friends. Intially we started my son on the Avent soothies pacis but he wasn't all that crazy about them! The second we popped the MAM ones in he was sold! That's what we use currently still even at 5 months old. I love that they have glow in the dark ones. This helps tremendously when they fall out and it's dark in your room and you are looking for it! 

6.) Boppy pillow. Your arm will thank you. Trust me. Regular pillows don't cut it. We tried it. The great thing about the boppy pillow is that you can use it for many other things to when it comes time for your child to practice laying face down you can use it to prop them up and over it. 

7.) Boppy Lounger. As much as my son slept for 8 hours a night in his Rock n Play, he slept a ton on the elephant lounger on the couch while my husband and I were napping or watching TV on the couch. We used this all the way up through 4 months. Remember those Aden and Anais swaddles I mentioned earlier? We always laid one over this boppy (as it doesn't have a changable pillowcase) so that way if a blowout or spit up occured we could easily throw the swaddle into the laundry! 

8.) Swing. As I mentioned before, I was very set on things that had vibration. This swing not only swings the baby, but has the vibration mode which my son happen to love. He's 5 months and still loves his swing when he needs a little time to chill. Now that he is much bigger, we won't be able to use it much longer as he is able to push up and out of it when he is getting frustrated! I chose the swing over the very expensive Mamaroo because I had heard from so many either your kid will love it or hate it (the Mamaroo) and for the price, I knew there were other movement things out there we could get try out. 

9.) Rechargable batteries. Remember that portable sound machine? Or the swing, rock n Play? All of which take batteries! Why drown your self in having to buy new new new all the time? We use these exact rechargable batteries in the white noise machine and our TV remotes and pretty much anything else in our house that takes a AA battery! We save so much money by not having to buy those batteries over and over and are helping the earth out! 

10.) Swaddles. Every baby is different when it comes to swaddling. My son is very strong, so he was often able to break out of velcro swaddles or blanket swaddles. The day he was born, we had brought these exact swaddles to the hospital which he loved. No velcro, all zip. He was snug as a bug in a rug! We transitioned him out of these around 2/1/2 months into the next swaddle.

11.) Love to Dream swaddle. Matteo started to let us know he wanted his arms out when swaddling around 2 months so we switched to this swaddle which is what he currently still sleeps in every night at 5 months old. WORTH EVERY PENNY. These keep him snug, with that swaddle feeling and he still has access to his hands but they keep his arms restricted so he isn't waking himself up with the startle reflux either. 

12. Transitonal Tub. Okay so here's the thing. There are quite a few tub options out there, but many of them are only good for the first few months then you have to come up with another way to bathe your kid since they have grown out of them. We love our Fisher price tub, We used the sling part of the tub till 4 months. Now my son is on to the section stage of the tub which is a little blue ledge.wedge piece that he can recline back onto the back part of the tub now that he is a partially sitting up. Once he is able to sit up all on his own, we can remove that from the tub, and just have him sit in it on his own! This tub also comes with 2 little toy scoops which are great for rinsing/washing your baby's hair! 

13. Burp cloths. Many different kinds are out there, ultimately I took as many as I could from the hospital and then stocked up on Burts bees. They absorb a lot and fold up great in our diaper bag. 

14. Aveeno bath. We got this exact bath set and haven't ran out of anything yet and my son is 5 months old! This stuff lasts! 



         

     






         

        

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.