27 May 2017

36 Weeks and Nursery Reveal

I've been slacking on updating about my pregnancy journey so for those of you that are still with me, here's an update! 



I'm 36 weeks (as of yesterday) and baby boy is doing great (as far we know and what the doctor tells us) Right now he's already around 6lbs! I am worried he'll be to big to make it to the full 40 wks! We know he has a LOT of hair (as seen on many ultrasounds by our ultrasound tech gal) and he has very long limbs (Not surprising since his daddy is 6'3" and I'm 5'9") so far he's really taking after his dad with length and hair (I was born bald!) Maybe he'll get my blue eyes rather than his daddy's soft baby browns. 


I've had a lot of sciatic nerve pain which has really kicked into high gear the past few days. It's a shooting sharp pain that radiates down my left thigh. Yesterday it was so bad, it made me think of why some people in life "cut" themselves to relieve pain. That's honestly how it felt--like one would want to take a knife and just start slicing away at the leg because it hurt that bad! 

My restless leg syndrome has thankfully subsided, I have major edema when I don't wear my compression socks, so I'm still rocking those bad boys even in this 95-100 degree heat. Lord help me! So hot when outside! 

I've actually been able to sleep better the past few weeks so I am taking that blessing as I know once he's here, sleep will be a thing of the past for me! 


We've got his room situated, although and as much as I plan to use it, I know he won't be sleeping in there for a while. Here's what it looks like thus far:




Reading nook and nursing corner. :) Probaby my favorite spot in his room. 

Hoping to add a few more odds and ends to these shelves, but for now this will have to do! 



And there you have it! :) We didn't go crazy with decor, as honestly I don't feel it's beneficial as kids grow and tastes change so much! We only added things we wanted him to have as he grows up a bit! I didn't want his room to look to nursery-ish or babyish, but a room he could really grow into, as his crib will convert to a toddler bed then eventually a FULL sized bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.