13 August 2014

Oh Captain my captain our fearful trip is done...



We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, ‘O me! O life!… of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless… of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?’ Answer. That you are here - that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
—  Robin Williams as John Keating inDead Poets Society




I have no words...I don't know why I took it so personal to hearing about Robin Williams dying. It just hit me like a ton of bricks. He made me laugh. True humor in movies not stupid funny as you often see that is forced in certain actors but genuine funny comedic roles/personality he was. I've never felt sad when a celebrity dies. Until I heard about Robin.  

It just goes to show that no matter what kind of life you lead - depression is a very serious matter & can effect anyone RIP Robin. My DVDS of Good Morning Vietnam and Hook and Awakenings will be getting lots of use this weekend..










No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.