29 June 2018

Summer Reading 2018


I've read a few more books than this picture actually shows, so to hear more about those you can find me on Goodreads




First up: An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

Ugh. This book is really overly hyped and recommended in my opinion. The fact that Oprah pushed so much for people to read it should of been a red flag for me to stop while I was ahead! 

Biggest problem with this book: The story completely dragged out. Should of easily been rapped up in the first half of the book but no the author drug the very long and flat story line throughout the book. 

I'd like to say more but I'd be giving away spoilers! Let's just say Roy as a man disgusts me. I'll leave it right there. 



Next up:

All the Little Lights by Jamie McGuire

Many years ago I read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie and was hooked on her writing. It's been several years since I had read anything by her, and so when this new book got released I was hoping to find the same magic! 

Okay to be fair, I think this overall was a decent read but there were a few things that were just not clear in the book leaving me feeling confused with what the heck was going on with Catherine, the house she lived in and her mother. I did feel like the spark betwen Catherine and Elliott was very "G" rated not as "hot and steamy" as reading previous books by Jamie. I'll let you decide!


Next up: To The Moon And Back by Karen Kingsbury
I bought this on a total whim when I was on Amazon. It was my first time reading anything by this author. The main reason why I picked it up was for purely because the story line of the Oklahoma City Bombing completely sucked me in. 


If you are someone who doesn't like "religious" themes or characters talking about God and religion then this book isn't for you. 


And I saved the best for last: "Then She Was Gone" by Lisa Jewell
WOWZERS! This book knocked my socks off! It's very rare I rate books 5 stars anymore. The last time I gave a 5 star rating was when I read Kristin Hannah's The Nightengale! 


This book was a page turner. The kind where when you have to take a break and stop reading (to go to bed or leave the house you are secretly wishing you were at home reading more!) The ending was the best part. It completely wrapped up the whole book, and breaks your heart at the same time. I highly recommend you read this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.