29 June 2016

Summer Book Reviews Part I

I've been on a summer reading crusade! It's been fun to have time and actually dive into books these past few months! I wish I could say all of them were run out and pick them up books, but only a few have been great reads!



1. Orphan Train -- GREAT READ I would definitely recommend reading this one!   A captivating story of two very different women who build an unexpected friendship: a 91-year-old woman with a hidden past as an orphan-train rider and the teenage girl whose own troubled adolescence leads her to seek answers to questions no one has ever thought to ask.

2. What She Knew-Rachel Jenner is walking in a Bristol park with her eight-year-old son, Ben, when he asks if he can run ahead. It’s an ordinary request on an ordinary Sunday afternoon, and Rachel has no reason to worry—until Ben vanishes.  This was a decent read I rated it around 4 out of 5 stars. 

3. Maybe in Another Life-- It's a skip it or read it type book it didn't wow me in anyway. At the age of twenty-nine, Hannah Martin still has no idea what she wants to do with her life. She has lived in six different cities and held countless meaningless jobs since graduating college. On the heels of leaving yet another city, Hannah moves back to her hometown of Los Angeles and takes up residence in her best friend Gabby’s guestroom. Shortly after getting back to town, Hannah goes out to a bar one night with Gabby and meets up with her high school boyfriend, Ethan.

Just after midnight, Gabby asks Hannah if she’s ready to go. A moment later, Ethan offers to give her a ride later if she wants to stay. Hannah hesitates. What happens if she leaves with Gabby? What happens if she leaves with Ethan?

In concurrent storylines, Hannah lives out the effects of each decision. Quickly, these parallel universes develop into radically different stories with large-scale consequences for Hannah.

4.Beautiful Ruins--- skip it. It was Slow and I found myself bored. I was taken in with in hopes of reading a lot about beautiful Italy, but this book just didn't do it for me. 

5. Don't you Cry---It was okay. I have a hard time with Mary Kubica's stories they end very abruptly and often feel unfinished. I didn't like the story flashing between the character Alex and Quinn much felt myself skipping most of Alex's story since it was slow and uninteresting. 

6. Pretty Baby--This was a a better of the two books by the same author. Again the ending felt abrupt but it was a decent read. 


I'll be posting more reviews tomorrow so stay tuned! Again all my other other comments on books are usually on my reviews on Goodreads! Feel free to look me up on there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.