03 January 2014

What I read over break

17374029
This is the sequel to The Edge of Never which I loved. I wish I could say the same thing for the second installment of the story between Camryn and Andrew but it just wasn't there for me. 


Here's what Goodreads says about it:


"Camryn Bennett has never been happier. Five months after meeting on a Greyhound bus, she and her soul mate Andrew Parrish are engaged—and a wedding isn’t the only special event in their future. Nervous but excited, Camryn can’t wait to begin the rest of her life with Andrew – a man she knows in her heart will love her always. They have so much to look forward to—until tragedy blindsides them.

Andrew doesn’t understand how this could happen to them. He’s trying to move on, and thought Camryn was doing the same. But when Andrew discovers Camryn is secretly harboring a mountain of pain and attempting to numb it in damaging ways, there is nothing he won’t do to bring her back to life. Determined to prove that their love can survive anything, Andrew decides to take Camryn on a new journey filled with hope and passion. If only he can convince her to come along for the ride…"




I say skip it, it wasn't really a good read for me so to speak. 



Next I read "Driven". 



17798287



This was also not a great read for me. It was EXACTLY like reading 50 Shades of Gray or the knock off books by Sylvia Day. I can only take so much bondage and kinky sex in books with a rich powerful guy and a poor mousey leading lady. Blah! 








Lastly, I just read "Waking up Married." Incidentally, the underlying plot of this book starts off like the movie Waking up in Vegas starring Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. That was enough for me to get hooked.



16124019



I liked this book the best out of the 3 I read. It was light hearted, romantic but not over done with sex sex sex. Just enough to get you hooked and ended happy. For me, that was a nice refesher to read a happy ending for once! 


I signed up for the Goodreads challenge, although I am fairly certain that I won't reach my 50 books in one year mark. I may have set that bar a little to high! 




1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with the Edge of Always. It was a 3 star for me while Never was a five. I've seen a lot of people that just read the first Driven book say the same thing, BUT it does get a whole lot better as the books go on just like Fifty did.

    ReplyDelete

If you visited and read my post, be kind, leave a line!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.